Wednesday 25 November 2015

Bumbie's 4th birthday, The Preparations

Dear Diary,

Its BB's 4th Birthday!

I spent lots of time preparing for this occasion. There were a few hiccups along the way as i couldn't find the correct cake pan size for the cake. My imaginary cake is ruined. However, I tried to make do with what I already have. I also tried to look for a cake stand to serve the cake, but I also couldn't find the perfect cake stand. When I did, it was out of stock. What luck... I had to find alternatives to make sure that things still goes according to how I planned. I wanted the best presentation so that BB will look good in the photos. In the end I went to Diaso and got some stuffs and DIY-ed my own.

Now, the cake. The cake pan that I have was too small. I decided to make it a layered cake. BB loves lamb and so the cake is lamb based. I added so many BB's favorite ingredients. I added Carrot, Spinach and rosemary. I had to bake 2 cakes as we are having 2 days worth of celebration. It was a lot of effort and time consuming. But I felt satisfied, mission accomplished. I had to start preparing 2 days before the celebration. This is how my cakes look like!

Cake #1

Cake #2


inside the cake:



Next, the goodie bags.
I wanted everything to be natural and home baked. So i tried my best to use all my home appliances.
I baked Peanut Butter Cinnamon cookies! Peanut butter never goes wrong. But have to be wary on the amount given as it is high in fats. Well, once in a while pampering is good!
Then, i made my dehydrator work! I dehydrated Salmon and lean pork. I had to do a lot of research on that as I never dehydrate salmon and pork before. I on-ed my dehydrated to it's maximum temperature and let it dehydrate for at least 12 hours as pork needs to be real dried. Pork is a very sensitive meat to bacteria. So best to ensure that it is very dry and good.
Look at how crispy!

Lean Pork

Salmon


Overall, it was a success and all the other furkids enjoyed the food that I prepared.
Early August, I also prepared Clover's birthday cake. during that time, I wasn't really good at baking the cake. But the cake still manage to look presentable. Well, I will get better and better at this every year. I will bake for every of their birthdays!

I'm a happy and satisfied mama!

Love,
Mummy Bumver

No comments:

Post a Comment