Monday 2 November 2015

Sweet Potato Cookie Recipie

Dear Diary,

I baked sweet potato cookies today! Clover had a very bad diarrhea the other day and i thought of preparing some fibre food. I added sweet potato or pumpkin in her meals. I thought adding in some fun! Cookies are the best treat and it is healthy too!

I took more pictures this time for the ingredients. Have fun collecting the recipe for this awesome cookie!

I use 2 Sweet potatoes for these cookies.
Steam the sweet potatoes for at least 30 min till soft. i steamed it with the skin so that peeling off is easier after cooked. Make sure to wash the potatoes clean.


2 fresh sweet purple potatoes!

Next, wait for it to cool, then peel off the skin. Mash the cooked potatoes in a big big mixing bowl. *im just exaggerating on the "big big bowl" lol* 


Mash mash mash!


Then add in 1/2 cup of brown rice flour~
I only use brown rice flour for my girls as it is the healthiest choice. 


Add in 1 large egg~


drizzle of honey~


Handful of shredded cheese~ *optional*


Drizzle of water. not too much as u want it to be a dough.


Healthy serving of chia seeds *optional*


Mix mix mix~! if the texture feels that its a little too wet, add in more flour to stiffen up the dough.


Perfect dough!


Put the dough into a bowl and wrap it. Leave it in the fridge for 1/2 hour.


Choose your favourite cookie cutter!

Once the dough is ready, take the dough out from the fridge. feel the texture of the dough. if it is still moist, add in more flour. Don't worry, just add in more till perfect, non sticky dough.


Roll out the dough. i usually rollout till 5mm thickness? its just an estimation. 



Lay them out! aren't they cute?! :)


Introducing, my toaster oven. I love it and it definitely cooked and baked good food for me.
As you can see from the picture, i set it at 200 degrees and an estimated timing. once they are golden brown, they are ready to be out from the oven! so keep a close look at your cookies and make sure they don't get burnt!


And Voila~ the final product~ Yummy Sweet potato cookies!




The girls definitely enjoyed the cookies and that's satisfaction for me! I really enjoy watching them enjoying the food i prepared. Made me feel so appreciated. 

Hope you enjoy my recipe and happy baking!

Love,

Bumver Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment