Friday 15 January 2016

Sembawang park - Dog run!

Dear Diary,

This was our 3rd visit to Sembawang Park. The park is big and there are a lot of things that we can plan to do there in the future. There are BBQ pits, a mini beach area, a cafe (not sure if dog friendly as i didn't ask), playgrounds and most importantly, a enclosed dog run! This park is located at the end of Sembawang, that's why there is a mini beach area.

We visited the park at about 2pm in the afternoon. It was the raining season, so we took opportunity when the weather seemed good. There was a small incident that happened in the park but i had already feedback to NParks about it and they were very efficient in their response to the situation,

The incident: When we arrived at the park, we made our way to the dog run. When we were approaching the dog run, we saw a park worker driving Tractor around cutting grass. He was talking on the phone while he was on his job. At first i didn't pay much attention to him as it was none of my business anyway. So i proceeded to go into the dog run to have some fun with my girls. My girls were so happy running around and i was taking pictures of them. Then suddenly i noticed one of the fence was widely opened. I looked closely to make sure i didn't see the wrong thing because it is not a usual thing to have a missing fence in the dog run. I was shocked at first then i saw the same park worker who was driving the Tractor driving the Tractor into the dog run! Despite me shouting at him to stop whatever he was doing, he ignored me. I guess he was still on the phone and couldn't hear me. I quickly grabbed my girls and got out of the dog run, I was very furious by his actions as this might cause any unwanted accidents. If he was scheduled to maintain the grass in the dog run at that timing, he could have informed me first so that i can leave the dog run. I was so concerned what if my girls dashed towards his Tractor when he drove in? Well, I went back home to send in a Feedback to Nparks to notify them of this issue.
Nparks was very responsible and called me back within 1 working day, They informed me that they will take necessary actions and ensured that this will not happen again. I did mentioned to them what if there are other people in the dog run as well. What if there are dogs who will run out of the fence while it was being opened. What if the Tractor knocked one of the dogs down? Well, as long as Nparks ensured that they will take necessary actions, i am contented already. Hopefully there will not have any other similar incidences like these.

Lesson learnt: no matter where we are, we can't be complacent with our environment. Our Furkid's safety is our responsibility. No matter what happens, we have to act fast.

Anyway, Sembawang park is still a very beautiful place. I guess that incident is just a one off mistake so we will just shake it off. I will still come back to Sembawang park again. We met a few friendly dog owners on our first few visits there. We will come back one day in the evening to catch up with them again. Well, we left the park ar about 4pm as it was about to rain. It started drizzling and we had to run back to our car. Overall, we had a good day. At least some pictures where taken before the Tractor came to spoil our fun.
Enjoy the pictures!


WEEEEEEE~~~!

Wait for me~!

Sisters walk

mummy! stop taking pictures already! Let's Walk!



Love, 
Bumver Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment